Items that cannot be on your credit report:
- A bankruptcy filed more than 10 years ago
- Civil suits, judgments or arrest record more than seven years old
- Paid tax liens more than seven years old
- Accounts referred to collection more than seven years ago
- Other adverse information, except for records of convictions of crimes, more than seven years old
Items that must be on your credit report, if applicable:
- If there is a bankruptcy on your report, the Chapter must be listed. Additionally, the report must state if a consumer voluntarily withdrew a bankruptcy case before judgment.
- If a predictive measure of risk is listed, any key factors related to that score must be present.
- If a consumer voluntarily closed an account
- If one properly disputes information